Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Poetry Collection Sneak Peek #2

Hello all.

It's me again.

Sorry.

It's been a long time.

I've been incredibly busy the past few weeks, between prepping for the poetry collection's release, starting a little side business, and, most of all, working two jobs, I have had hardly any time to post anything on Discharge of a Rotting Mind. But, one of my jobs fired me because I had a second job and I have a bit of free time. So, I'm here now and with the poetry collection coming tomorrow or Thursday, I thought it would be a good idea to share another poem from that collection with you guys.

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore


The dawn’s arrived
Yet there is no light.


I hold my breath, waiting to die
Yet I just sleep
And when I awake
No one’s there to answer me.


I'll come around soon,
I think.


Colors fade to black,
Spilling out over the lines
That I’m suppose to fill in;
Lost and washed away.


I have two legs
But I have nothing to stand on.


My dreams are made of painted walls
Melting and mixing and turning black.


I'm watching
The world growing around me,
Yet I can't even sprout a leaf.
Maybe the dirt’s pulling me back down.


Outsides becoming insides,
Right becoming left.


Nothing makes sense anymore.

-2017-

That's all, guys.

I'm gonna leave you with one question and forgive me if it's a little cryptic.

Do you know maggots are used to treat wounded horses?

Stay rotten, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment